Monday 26 October 2015

DREADDlocks

Scientists have shown how the length of REM sleep corresponds to the amount of NREM sleep (slow wave or deep sleep).

http://www.medicaldaily.com/our-dream-state-rem-sleep-influences-memory-consolidation-during-other-sleep-phases-358498

The article is interesting, but the reason I mention it here is because the way they worked this out is by using something called DREADD. Wonderful acronym.

It stands for Designer Receptors Exclusively Activated by Designer Drugs.

Notice how my dream the next morning featured me at a party, smoking a cigarette with a guy with dreadlocks.

"I stand alone in the crowd, wanting [the party] to be over. A guy with dreadlocks asks for a light, which I have. I ask for a cigarette, of which he has two: a roll-up and a straight. I take the straight. He lights the roll-up and it burns halfway down before he even takes a drag.

"The whole party is a drag."

I'm thinking about writing a story where the principal character has dreadlocks. In addition, artwork by the incredible Danielle Tunstall may have had something to do with it too. When I find the exact photo I glimpsed, I'll post it!

http://www.danielletunstall.com/portfolio/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!